Sunday, June 13, 2010

9 Months...and Happy Due Date!!


Hard to believe little girls due date is actually here!

I guess that makes me 10 months, right? I get confused with all that. But today I am officially 40 weeks. And I'm beyond excited to meet this little one!

I've really had to wait to begin most of the typical preparations for this baby (which was really, really hard for me), with our closing date and move getting pushed back every few days. Its seemed like a move has been just a few days away for the past 4 weeks. At this point, everything is still headed in the direction of our house closing, but we're looking at the end of June, best case scenario. We're praying that everything can get processed before June 30th, our buyers deadline to meet the requirements for the $8,000 1st time home buyer tax credit. If not, our deal may fall apart. But God is in total control of that...and I'm leaving it completely in his hands.

The beautiful thing about this past week has been not thinking about the move and just focusing on the baby coming!! Its been so sweet. And so good for my heart to prepare for her arrival. So all just this week, I've washed and put away little clothes and put out little diapers and assembled her bassinet and searched for our baby items and borrowed and set up a changing table to house all her little pink baby stuff (after three girls, I'm still not tired of seeing pink!). Even in our little house, which is half packed up, we've carved out most of our "office" and set it up like a mini nursery. She doesn't have much...but its amazing what a few pink polka dot canvas boxes on a changing table holding itty-bitty pink baby clothes and diapers can do to a Momma's heart in helping her get excited to meet her little one!

I love how having a baby forces you to slow down and gain such a wonderful perspective on life. I've been enjoying these past few days & weeks with my "big girls". They are at such precious ages, at 2 and 4. I'm sobered at how fast they are growing up too! So I'm trying to savor every drop of this sweet season of motherhood. A grateful heart is so good for the soul! And with all that's been going on in our lives the past few weeks, its been a sweet season of depending on the Lord. I've been desperately needing and relying on his Word! That's a great place to be in!

And for the first time in 3 pregnancies I can say I actually "feel pregnant". I'm beginning to relate to all the discomfort and pain that I've heard others talk about! Fortunately, its summer, and the pool has to be the best place in the world for someone 9 months pregnant. It has brought such relief to be in the water with the feeling of weightlessness. And the huge added bonus is that there is no place my kids would rather be than the pool too! So a huge thanks to all my friends who let me bum at their pools!!

I go to my OB early Monday morning. Last week I was a whopping 1cm dilated (all my close friends know that is quite an accomplishment for me!!), so we'll see if anything else is new! I'm hoping to go into labor on my own this time. We'll see what God has planned. It could be an exciting next two weeks...


4 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

So excited for you all!! Hope you're able to get lots of rest today!! Can't wait to meet girl #3!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Jeanie III, :) You are so aware of what God is teaching you and how HE wants to mold you. Your momma is SO proud as she watches and cheers you on! I LOVE YOU! Aunt Jeanie

Anonymous said...

can't wait to meet the little lady! am so proud of how you're handling all the what ifs and maybes!!!

Rebecca said...

You look beautiful, Jeanie!