Thursday, June 03, 2010

A new Mini-Van Mama

Yesterday I got an unexpected special day with my boy in the midst of this crazy season.
With our third little one on the way, we were forced to bite the bullet and become a mini-van family. This still seems a little weird to me, even though we've been married almost 8 years and have almost 3 children. Maybe its doing college ministry...somehow Joe & I don't see ourselves as old enough to own a mini-van :)

Regardless of how we feel, we do own one now!

And one of the best perks was that we bought one that had to be picked up in Charleston, SC. One of our friends helped us get another incredible deal (he helped us with our last car too), finding one far nicer than we expected to be able to afford. He searched far and wide and fortunately found the best deal in a lovely city!


After we took care of the business side of things and bought the van, we drive the 5 miles into Historic Charleston for a lovely break before the long ride home.
It turned into such an unexpected sweet day together. We had 4 hours in the car just the two of us on the ride down, and then a few hours strolling through this lovely city. It almost felt like a mini-get-a-way before this baby comes.

We swung on the swings at waterfront park and even ran through the kiddie fountains (it was SO hot!!). The we ate an early dinner, followed by a walk to the battery and back to the market. We covered a lot in 2 1/2 hours!

I'm so grateful that with 8 hours of driving and all that walking I felt amazing all day! I think thats the effect that time alone with Joe has on me!

We got home late and walked the kiddos home from Mike & Liz's house...and even in their half-asleep state they were SO excited to see a van! I was surprised they even cared. They spent a good hour this morning playing in it while parked in our driveway. Funny little girls.


Here she is. Our shiny new mini-van.
And despite the fact that I don't feel old enough to have one, I have to admit they are pretty nice to have. And this one is far more than I expected or deserved, but I think it will serve our family very well over the years.
And despite all his joking, Joe really, really likes it too :) Maybe even more than I do!

I'm afraid we may be turning into this!

7 comments:

Anne said...

I'm so glad you and Joe got to have such a special day! What a pretty van:)

That video is awesome!

Lindsay said...

You will LOVE it! I promise:) I said the same thing before I got mine. And you got the one I really wanted:)) Love that color!

Mindy Coleman said...

awww its a HONDA!
if i ever have to get a minivan - i think those are the best :)

& maybe i'm weird - but i liked the swagger wagon family?

Jeanie said...

No, Mindy, your not weird. We kinda like them too :) Its just kinda strange that we can relate to them so much! Not sure when we went from college kids to a real family...but we did!

Unknown said...

yes! I love that video...and you all are definitely a 'swagger family' :)

so glad you got some alone time with Joe :)

love and miss you guys!

Carolyn Honea said...

That music video is hilarious.

So glad you got a van and that everything worked out! I used to say I never wanted a van but now I think that attitude is so silly...they are great!

Julie Bowers said...

hahahah funniest video EVER