Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rekindle 2010


We just returned from another amazing year at Rekindle! This makes our 6th year taking the college group from UNCC down to Laguna Beach, Florida for spring break. It was another wonderful year full of worship, teaching and of course lots of fun. Me & my girls followed the "early crew" down a day before the rest of the crew. I always really look forward to that "extra" day, just me and my girls before Rekindle begins. This year I took them to my favorite beach in Florida: Seaside. It's a gorgeous seaside town (where "The Trueman Show" movie was filmed), just 20 minutes from our retreat center. The girls spent the whole morning playing on the white sand beach and wading in the pool-like gulf. Then I got them two favs: pizza & ice cream! They were very happy little girls, to say the least. After the 12 hours trip down, I thought an extra special day was in order!

The weather was colder than most years, in the high 60's.
But the sun warmed it up.
Abigail didn't seem bothered by the chill one bit...

A typical, absolutely adorable house you'd find walking the streets of Seaside.
Maybe one day I can stay in one :)

Love, love, love the beach. Especially this one.


Love how my girlie is getting curly hair!




An attempt at a pic with my girls!
Really missed Chavia and her awesome pictures from last year :)


Abi was one giant bundle of energy and smiles at the beach!!

A family who LOVES the beach!


I was blessed to have Hanna Lloyd come along with us again this year and watch my girls during most of the meetings so I could participate in Rekindle a bit. I am always amazed that the Lord would allow Joe & I to be part of not only an incredible outreach, but a FUN ministry! This college group knows how to have fun. The games for the "Rekindle Cup" this year were hilarious!!! You should look them up on "you tube" some time (I believe they'll be posted soon).

Not only did we have fun together, but the messages were incredible. Just as applicable to me as to the college age group. So glad I could hear my boy speak too!


Abigail wanted to be at the beach 100% of the time. I think she just loves open spaces!
She was thrilled to just run all around and splash in the water. I love that girl so much!

A super fun treat was to get so much time with Meg & Laurel!
They were up for the week, since Knoxville was having their "Vision Quest" just across the street. Abi & Alathea just LOVED having a little buddy. Even today Abi asked for "La-Lul"

Speaking of Abi...she got into some nice purple lip gloss...she kept saying "pretty".
She also ate an ENTIRE pack of chewing gum when I wasn't looking (in just 2 minutes).
This girly keeps us on our toes!!






One of the days was overcast and windy. But we all enjoyed the beach anyways!

They look so much alike!

The chilly days were also spent in the very warm, heated pool just outside our rooms!



Alathea sportin' her "flamingo" stance since she had a flamingo bathing suit on!

My girls loved being buried as "Mermaids"



The last morning I took my girls on another date to Rosemary Beach, another incredibly beautiful beach just up the road. They have the cutest ice cream parlor I love taking them too each year.

While I do love being home,
I miss the beautiful beach already!!


1 comment:

JJandFive said...

I love Rosemary Beach :) Looks like you guys had a fabulous time : ) So glad!