Sunday, March 07, 2010

Alathea's Birthday Date

Growing up we always got a special birthday date with my Mom or Dad, and being that I enjoyed that so much as a kid, I want to carry on the tradition with my girls. So this year I asked Alathea what she wanted to do on our birthday date together. She (all on her own, I promise) immediately said, "I want to go to Starbucks with you and get my own coffee and water and play games with you Mom". What a girl after my own heart!

I'm pretty sure she remembered all of our Starbucks dates just the two of us before Abi was born and when Abi was a baby, at the Starbucks by our house, as they used to have a basket of games. (I got an amazing gift card to Starbucks from a bunch of friends before Abigail was born, so we went a lot those first few weeks when she was a new baby!)

So on Alathea's actual birthday, just she and I headed out for a whole afternoon together.
First stop was actually her first "salon" haircut. I took her to Valeria, where they cut her hair for less than hair cuttery would have been. We had a super fun time there. They even curled her hair! She was in girly heaven!

Then we went to the Library to get some new books and to read a few.
Then to Starbucks!

I must say that my sister laughed so hard when I told her my birthday date plan with my 4 year old. Most four year olds would want ice cream and the park. Sometimes Alathea seems so grown up!

We had the best 2 hours of fun at Starbucks together.
She had packed a big bag of toys and had it all planned out which order we were going to play with what...

I love my BIG girl!!

Alathea's hair before the cut (above)

And after! She LOVED having curls. She even started crying when we left the salon and the strong wind was blowing her hair, for fear her curls would blow out before she could show Daddy. What a girl!



Above is a picture of the girls the morning of Alathea's birthday. Such a sweet sister, reading to Abigail. I'm so grateful they have each other!

And Alathea's very happy face to discover the pink heart cake she had asked for this year.

We ended her birthday with her requested dinner: Mac n Cheese and Tuna Fish.
Then heart cake. Then presents...





My big girl!!






1 comment:

Carolyn said...

That sounds like such a special birthday! Her hair cut is beautiful.

Girls are so much fun!