Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Morning

This picture says it all. We Love Christmas.
I thought Christmas was great when I was a kid. I think its even better when you have kids. They get excited about everything!

My girls had four "Christmas Times". We had our own little "Christmas Morning" the Monday before Christmas. It doesn't matter its not December 25th, it feels like Christmas morning to us. That evening we celebrated Christmas with the whole Lechner clan, including an entire Christmas dinner spread. The next day we headed up to MD!! I LOVE being home for Christmas (only happens every other year, so I really treasure it!!). Christmas day we celebrated with lots of family and then two days after had "Christmas #4" with my Grandpa, Jane & Miles. When you love Christmas, its hard to improve on four of them!!

More of the MD trip to come (and the 2 feet of snow!). For now here is our own little Lechner family Christmas....


We started the morning with stockings.
Notice Joe's enormous stocking. He insists on me filling it every year. I actually really enjoy doing that!

A super happy 3 year old!
And a super happy Daddy!


Stockings are one of my favorite parts about Christmas.
Being that I buy the girls Christmas gifts at Consignment sales, I think I spend more $ on their stockings than gifts!!

Abigail's favorite stocking gift... $3 mini-baby from Target. 
Actually probably her favorite gift of all :)

After stockings we take a break and make Cinnamon rolls and eat breakfast together. Yumm.
Then back to opening our gifts...

A few of Alathea's fav's

And the aftermath!

It was a blessed morning together. 
I have no pics from the big Lechner Christmas that evening because the flash on my camera broke. Big bummer! Having no flash in the short, dark winter days is so sad!

No comments: