Monday, September 21, 2009

Praying for the house hunt

Now that our house is "under contract" we are praying that the inspection and settlement go well. Our settlement is Nov 13th. On Monday we officially began a new "house hunt". I've had many friends tell me to enjoy the process. I am trying to! It's harder than I thought, mostly because of my lack of patience and lack of trust in the Lord to provide what we need in His Perfect Timing! We looked at about 9 houses on Monday, and there weren't any that I loved.  None  that even came close to the house on Cambridge Bay that we had hoped to buy (the one that is now under contract). We are praying for wisdom! We need wisdom!! There was one house on a street with a bunch of our friends that we liked, but it was expensive for the house and neighborhood. I wonder if our friends didn't live on the street if we'd like it as much? And there was a new neighborhood that Joe likes the idea of building in. Those were our best two options so far, but neither do we feel at peace to act on immediately. We hope to look again on Monday. Please keep us in your prayers! I'm praying for a miracle home and that the Lord would give both Joe & I peace and direction every step of the way. I want my  heart to be full of gratitude and faith, not discouragement and fear. I'm still a little sad about the thought of being "homeless for the holidays", but do well when I take life one day at a time and remember how good and faithful God is.

3 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

If the house doesn't close until the middle of November, you have over a month and a half to find the perfect house, so much time! :) Will continue to pray!! Let me know if you need help with the girls! We can always watch them at night too if you ever want to look at houses during the week!

Wait for the Lord and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land

Psalm 37:34

Love you!

kendra said...

*coughwellingtoncough*

Denise said...

God will be faithful as he was to get your house under contract. You will not have another opportunity to trust Him like this in a while (as you know, you don't just buy a house every day!!!). I pray you will truly feel joy and trust and be expectant on the good He's got in store for your beautiful family.

I've always loved house hunting. This is our 3rd we've lived in (1st purchased). It does take looking at a LOT. We probably saw 200 online, and personally looked at 25-30. :)