Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer


Sometimes I feel like a kid who just wants summer to last forever. Its always about this time each year, as school and meetings are slowly starting back up, and pool hours are slowly shrinking, and the calendar starts looking fuller by the day and stores start selling fall clothing, that I get a little nostalgic, and think about how I don't want summer to end.

Who doesn't love the long, warm days. More time to plan adventures, take vacations, swim at the pool and splash in the fountains. I love little girls in sundresses and sunglasses and flip-flops. There is not much about summer that I do not love.

So here is a sprinkling of what I love (and will miss *sniff, sniff*) about summer:


sweet times at the pool

packing a picnic lunch and eating it in our bathingsuits, poolside

watching Alathea finally start learning how to swim


summer mornings (and evenings) spent at Birkdale with the girls,
 splashing in the fountains





bringing friends along to join in the fun


fireworks
and summer concerts at the park

cousins hanging out at the concerts...

...and watching them dance for hours to the live music

the beach (i'll miss everything about that!)

loooong summer nights playing outside with friends

Joe's blooming garden

splashing in the rain puddles

cold stone ice cream

really cute little girly bathingsuits


eating and playing outside when Daddy gets home

all the warm rainy days

the gorgeous summer blue sky


lounging in the hammock with friends


berry picking

Oh, summer. Please don't leave us too soon :)

6 comments:

Anne said...

This makes me sooo excited for when Kate is a little older and we can have these kinds of adventures! I am feeling pretty nostalgic about summer ending too:(

Shaynah Jerrell said...

i totally agree with you girl. my activities arent quite the same as yours, but my feelings about summer are. i can never understand why people prefer any other season but summer

Carolyn said...

You have such beautiful pictures documenting all those memories!!

This is the first year since I was in school myself that I really enjoyed it being summertime. The kids enjoyed it, which made it special! I won't know what to do with them when the pool closes!

Denise said...

You are like a kid with summer, and I think it's so refreshing to see a mother enjoy a season that much with her children!!! Yay for you!

I WANT to go to Birkdale, that fountain gets me every time. Next time I'm in Charlotte, in the warm months, that's a must!

Your girls are so beautiful and happy!

B. Emerson said...

Jeanie your pictures are gorgeous! I enjoy life more when I click on your blog. :)

The Nilsen Nest said...

I didn't know Abi had that purple polka-dotted swim suit, Audrey has it too! Maybe we could squeeze in another swim and they could be twinsies :) And I love all the pictures and summer.