Thursday, August 20, 2009

3 years without Mom


It was 3 years ago today that my amazing Mother took her last breath and went to be with the Lord. How I miss her!! I am grateful to the Lord for every single day I got to spend with her (23 years!) and for the amazing relationship that we had. I think it was the closeness that we shared that has made missing her so painful. Not even a few days go by without me wanting so badly to pick up the phone and call her. How I loved talking to my Mom! She cared about anything that I cared about, and would take an interest even in the littlest things that only mom's care about- like what color to paint a room or that Alathea was teething yet again. And how I miss her wisdom, helping to navigate my way through life. I heard once that life without a Mom can feel like life without a roadmap...I can at times relate to that. But I do thank God for his abundant goodness to me and my family for giving us such an amazing, godly mother who I did get 23 years with. While I wish I could have 23 more years, I know Gods plans are perfectly good. And every day that goes by is just one step closer to me seeing my Mom again. Praise God for the gift of Salvation!

2 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

Such sweet words Jeanie. It reminded me afresh to be grateful for my family, those close by and those not so close. Your mom would be so proud of the amazing job you are doing with your girls! Love you!

Annie Z. said...

I was thinking of her too and watched her memorial service on DVD. I also looked up on girl talk (?) the moving and heart-warming mother's day note you wrote on why you have the best mom. How blessed she was to have a faithful and loving daughter like you! I admit, she wins the best-mom award hands down. I still think in my mind "what would Kathy do?" What a godly sister, mother, wife and example she was to all. Thanks for honoring her with this.