Friday, August 28, 2009

Praying, Packing and Trusting

This week has been quite a whirlwind. Last Monday Joe and I were driving home from date night and passed by a house for sale that used to be owned by friends of ours. Being that we've been in the home and have always liked it (great yard, great floor plan, great neighbors and 2 miles max from church) we decided to pull the flyer. Wow, actually in our price range! So the next week we went and looked at it (and a bunch of other homes, being that we've been planning on moving sometime this year), and absolutely loved it. That is problem number one. We love this house currently on the market, but cannot buy it until we sell ours! And in this present market it will take a miracle. But God is in the business of miracles and we feel in faith to do all that we can do to sell our house and trust the Lord for the final outcome. We know our house could sell in the next 24 hours or the next 24 months, but no matter what, the Lord is Sovereign and knows what is perfectly good for us. So for now, I am praying that my heart would be at peace and full of joy regardless of the outcome, for the Lord to give me continued strength to get all the work to get our house on the market AND praying in faith for a miracle. 

4 comments:

megan haughery said...

we will be praying!

Denise said...

Ok friend, I will join you guys in praying for a buyer!!! You know, my youngest memories for fervently praying were for two things: 1. Healing for my dad's bad back and 2. For our Atlanta house to sell. It's the first time I remember fasting for something like that (I was 8, 9, and 10 years old while this was happening). I feel in faith to pray for you as I've seen God answer!

Carolyn said...

So exciting!

If you want a crash spot during showings give me a call. :D

JJandFive said...

The best part is it's in Highland Creek! Hip, hip, hooray for me! :)