Sunday, August 30, 2009

House Update/Prayer Request

Yesterday I was at Starbucks getting some boxes to finish up our house before putting it on the market last night. Since Starbucks is across the street from my house, I frequent it often :), and the employees all know me. We were talking about me putting my house on the market and a lady picking up her drink over heard our conversation. She asked me all about our house and asked for my number, saying she'd like to come by and see it. She called me a few hours later and planned to come by today at 2pm. Well, she and her son just came by and seemed to love the place (at least outwardly :). Soooo, we are praying that the Lord would move on their hearts and that they'd make us a good offer. She wants this house for her son who would take advantage of the sweet $8,000 from Uncle Sam that's available for 1st time home buyers right now. We had a great talk with them, and they are active in church, seem to be believers and are even originally from MD. Anyways, I know we may never hear from them again, but I have real faith to pray that God would direct their steps quickly to buy our home. We'd love your prayers! We heard a great message on prayer and faith today (from James 5:13-18), by our good friend Nick. I'm more inspired than ever to be faithful in prayer and the power of prayer and more than ever desire your prayers: 

"Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again, he prayed and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops"  James 5:17-18

So we are praying, full of faith, that the Lord would sell this house and preserve the other home for us. And fully knowing that God knows what is best and we want His will for us above all else. Thanks for praying!!! 

3 comments:

Denise said...

Jeanie - I think it's so funny you're getting boxes from Starbucks. :) Great idea.... I hope one day I live walking distance from one.

Also, what an encouragement that the Lord can bring you a buyer (if He wills!) even at an opportunity like that! If your house sells to this person, the Starbucks really will be a means of grace in your life!!!! :)

Praying, dear friend!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Amazing how fast things change in less than a week!! :) So happy and excited for what's to come! Praying!

JJandFive said...

Hoping, hoping... ;)