Sunday, May 17, 2009

Visit with Grandpa & Jane







Well, this post is LONG overdue, but it was one of those days I don't want to forget, so I'm posting it anyways:) While in MD last month, me and the girls spent a day with my very favorite Grandpa & Jane. They live right on an inlet to the Chesapeake Bay, and their neighborhood has a sweet little beach. Prefect size for two little girls. Even though the water was cold, Alathea and Abigail had a blast digging in the sand and splashing in the water. No surprise here, but Abi got so excited she started to run deeper into the water and fell completely in, getting completely drenched! She wasn't a happy camper. But once we took her clothes of, she was happy Abi once again (that explains the pics of her in just her jean jacket!). 

Grandpa and Jane are the most fabulous hosts. Jane is the best cook I know and made us another fabulous dinner. We ate on their deck looking at the water. The girls enjoyed playing with their dog, Bo, and cat, Cinco. Two of the sweetest pets I've ever met. Alathea & Abi were also quite smitten with Grandpa & Jane, enjoying all the sweet attention they got!

This was such a special day. I loved getting Grandpa & Jane all to myself (usually my family is there with me). Hopefully it won't be too long before we see them again soon!






No comments: