Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Isle of Palms... our beach trip!


We enjoyed four fabulous days on the Isle of Palms, a beach just outside Charleston. 
The beach is our very favorite place. All four of us LOVE it!






Our dear friends, the Seaver's, invited our family and the Swans. 
We love beach vacations with friends. The extra people make it even more fun.




Alathea LOVED having so many Buddie's at the beach, 
but I loved the special moments with her little sis the best :)

"The Boys" going fishing at night.

The big girls (they told me they were mermaids).
All the kids loved the ocean. It was remarkably calm and warm...
perfect for a bunch of little kids. 
That was until a shark was spotted in waste deep water (for real). 
Fortunately it was the last day :)
I just love watching Alathea laugh hysterically. 
There is nothing like watching a little kid just enjoy life.

Alathea especially like the ocean when Daddy went in with her.
But she was pretty brave herself too!



There were always lots of little girls playing together :)


My three favorite people.

It was a wonderful trip. It was just too short :)
The girls had so much fun with their buddies and the beach. 
Joe & I loved having such close friends to enjoy the weekend with.
One of my favorite things of all was running on the beach. It was so beautiful.
I took so many pictures...this is just my beach post (I think I'll do two more :)! 

2 comments:

Topharmers Wife said...

You got some great pictures! I love love love pictures of the beach. I especially love the ones with all the girlies! You all look like you had a blast, and the weather looked awesome. I bet Abigail was loving the fact she could walk this time! Love you and your girlies!

Shaynah Jerrell said...

cute pics! i love them!