Saturday, April 18, 2009

Our Day in Annapolis
















One of the last days of our three weeks in Maryland, we got to take a day trip WITH JOE!! While I love making memories with my girlies, its WAY better to have Joe along with us! And to make it even better, Julie took the entire day off work just to be with us. The Pastor's Conference had just ended, and we had two free days, one of which we decided to spend in Annapolis, one of my all-time favorites cities. If you haven't been to Annapolis, and are ever in Maryland, its worth taking the time to visit there. It's right on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay and has its own harbor (I personally love looking at boats, particularly sail boats and yachts, which is what is docked in Annapolis). Annapolis is a picturesque little city...with history, beautiful buildings, quaint shops, adorable restaurants and the lovely breeze from the bay. (I must mention that their are also 2 Starbucks and probably 10 ice cream shops with in the few blocks of downtown..an added bonus :). The Naval Academy is located adjacent to downtown as well.

We really just spent the day walking around, looking at boats, eating, drinking coffee, feeding ducks, eating ice cream and admiring the city. Rather uneventful compared to our day in DC, but it was lovely! And it brought back many special memories of Joe & I during our courting days. Annapolis was definitely our "city of choice" for our one of our all-day dates! Too bad we don't live closer where we could have a get-a-way there- it is quite a romantic little city. I wish I had taken more pictures of our time, I guess I was too busy enjoying the day to take out the camera. 




4 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

That looks and sounds like we would LOVE it! Hope we can make it there someday!

Kelley Murphy said...

Unbelievable. We could have met up with you guys - we're 15 minutes away! =P

Unknown said...

I love Annapolis, too!!! I was actually just there visiting my cousin a couple weeks ago...and can't wait to go back :)

I love your DC and Annapolis pictures!

Ashley said...

Annapolis looks like a great place! We've never been before. I love how the girls always match now! very cute!