Monday, April 20, 2009

Our Abigail


I love my sweet Abbers. She has brought so many extra smiles to our home. It seems that she has turned from our little baby to a toddler overnight. She  is really trying to keep up with the "big kids". It's been fun to watch Alathea and Abigail really playing together. Abigail has been playing like a big girl lately...she pushes baby dolls in strollers. She colors for more than 20 minutes at a time (as long as Alathea is too). She is determined to feed herself with a fork or spoon. She loves any and every animal. She is an explorer, especially of the outdoors. She'll grab my hand and try to drag me to the door to let her outside. She'll run, pick grass & flowers, carry the soccer ball around and explore in the bushes behind our house for as long as I'll let her...and she'll do it all barefoot if I let her  too (although she loves shoes in the house- I guess that is kinda weird :) Abigail is getting more interested in books, often bringing one after the other over for me to read. And she loves dress-ups...she'll bring me necklaces, barretts, sunglasses, etc to me and has a huge smile on her face when I tell her how "pretty" she looks. Ahhh, my sweet "baby" is acting so grown up. I feel like she's interested in those "big girl" sorts of things much earlier than Alathea, I think to keep up with her big sister! She adores Alathea. And "Da-Da"! She always says his name with such enthusiasm and a smile. She's gotten into the routine of driving Joe's car around the cul-de-sac with Alathea every morning before he leaves for work. It's so adorable seeing two little girls following their Daddy out to his car each morning!

One funny thing that happened the other day is worth mentioning. I went to get the girls up one morning and found Abi in her crib, happy as could be, but with her diaper laying next to her. I picked her up and sure enough, I felt a diaper-less little bum through her PJ's. Fortunately her PJ's were dry, so she must have just taken it off. But I could not figure out how she managed it! She had long sleeve pants and arms to her one piece PJ's. They unsnapped between the legs like a onesie would. No buttons were unsnapped. It's been this great mystery to me ever since. Any idea's how she could have taken it off? It was like she did a baby magic trick!! I did laugh pretty hard, knowing I should expect some sort of trouble because the girls woke up at 7:30am and we don't get them until 8am. They were happily talking to each other, but I'm sure 30 minutes of that and Abi was looking for something else more interesting to do!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like they are doing well in the same room together!

Good magic trick Abi! If the diaper wasn't too full I but she pulled it out between the snaps. Those cotton jamies can be pretty stretchy.

Rebecca said...

That's hilarious...Maybe Kathryn and Abi will end up being partners in "crime." :)