Thursday, April 02, 2009

The National Zoo

Yesterday's adventure in Maryland was going to the National Zoo.
Rain was forecasted, but due to the tremendous excitement of my three year old, we went anyways...and I am SO glad! The girls loved it and the rain in the forecast must have scared every one away...we were one of the few people there all day.


One of the things I love most about DC...SO much to do and its all FREE!!


Abi getting ready for the long day (both girls love my coffee :)



My favorite: the tiger. He was pretty active.


Alathea's favorite: the gorilla momma with her newborn baby.
You can kinda see her little hands and head in the picture.


The girls at the awesome kid viewing area for the tigers.
They stepped out onto a podium with a glass wall...it gave them a great view...


Had to take a picture of how they spent most of the day...in the stroller.
Alathea loved it (and she should have been walking :)
Abi was not very happy about that...she's become quite the active one!

They were both pretty interested in every exhibit.



Alathea didn't care whether the animals were real or not one bit. She was equally excited to see a picture!




Abi's favorite: the elephant



Another spontaneous hug for an animal


my happy girls



Alathea's traditional "flamingo" zoo picture. Every time we go to the zoo the first animal she wants to see is a flamingo. When asked why they are her favorite animal she says, "Because they are pink and stand on one leg"
I love the reason of a 3 year old.
After the long morning at the zoo, we had another visit from our friends Emily & Eva Campbell (we had dinner with the whole family on Sunday night), which was lovely! And then I had an awesome night just me & my Julie...great talk, great food and a great girly movie :)













4 comments:

Em Campbell said...

so sad to miss it! it was funny that it didn't end up raining until late. i prayed for dry lechner girls! love y'all

Rebecca said...

I love the one of them from behind with their hands on the glass...Abigail is getting to be one of the "big kids"! Hard to believe.

kendra said...

shay and i were looking at these, and in agreement that these pictures are deceiving. They make your sweet, innocent happy child look mean and bad, and your crazy, fickle child look like a constant delight.

Topharmers Wife said...

Looks like you are having a blast! I am totally jealous that you all went to the zoo...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the national zoo. We went three times on our Honeymoon!(we are dorks I know). We miss you all, can't wait to see you next week!