Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today's Adventure












After all the wedding festivities this weekend, Joe had to fly back to NC last night. As much as we know we'll miss each other (and seriously do already), we decided it would be a good week for me to stay in MD with the girls. The 1st reason is to be with my Jules so she's not home alone while Dad & Rachel are away honeymooning. The 2nd is that Joe is coming back on Monday again for a week (for the Leaders Conference). While we are having an awesome time with Julie, each day this week I have a little adventure planned for the girls and I. Today was Brookside Gardens. Its a childhood favorite, and a great thing about having girls is they love flowers. Alathea was SO happy there!













Alathea especially liked that I let her sit in the tree by herself :) Abi was quite unhappy that she was not included in this!

We grabbed a picnic lunch and Starbucks on the way and enjoyed the gorgeous day in the gardens.

The rest of the day we spent with Julie when she was home, I mulched Dads yard and had dinner with Rocky. It was a wonderful day that ended with me calling 911 for the 1st time ever. Nothing serious, I just came home to a wide open basement door and was too scared to walk through Dad's 4,000 square foot house by myself with two little girls to see if anyone was lurking around. Yikes! I kept going between being fearful of someone kidnapping me and the girls to feeling completely ridiculous for being too scared to check out the house alone. I really wish Joe was with me :) And when he suggested I just call the police to check it out, I felt better about it. We had two amazingly wonderful police officers come over and scope out the house for me- and they didn't make me feel like a complete loser for calling them. All is well, we just have no idea how the door was wide open (we never us the door). Anyways, great opportunity to laugh at myself!

So that was our day. We miss everyone back home already!!

7 comments:

Hilary Ann said...

We miss you, too! But I'm so glad that you're having such a fun time with your girls and family =)

Denise said...

Jeanie, there are too many good pictures and posts to say all I want to say... Let me try to recap.

Your girls are so cute! I love the photo shoot, I love how you dress them alike, and I love how much fun you intentionally have with them. I feel like I could learn so much from you!

You really honored your dad in the wedding entry, and I admire you so much for your attitude of just loving him so much that you're willing to bless this new marriage, even when it may be hard (I would think so if I were in your place).

Also, I'm so happy Rekindle was such a blast. I'm sorry we weren't on the way down, but I will be in Charlotte at church on May 10th (trying to come in May 9th). I'll have to see you then! Maybe I'll try to plan a girls' Starbucks date, for whoever can come. How is that weekend for you?

Chavia said...

Jeanie!! you went to Brookside and didn't call me?! that is across the street from my house, im like two minutes away. here is my # 301-787-6009 if you have time give me a call!

Jeanie said...

Denise- I would LOVE to see you when you are in town. I have a feeling we may have a beach trip that weekend, I'll try to check and let you know. I hope we can see you!

Thanks for the encouragement about Dad's wedding. It certainly hasn't been an easy road, but God has taught me much through it all. And truly Rachel is wonderful and I'm very grateful God brought her into Dads life.

Glad you don't think I'm a total dork for dressing the girls alike sometimes:) I never thought I would want to, but its really hard to resist!

Jeanie said...

Chavia- Ahhh! So sorry! I wish I had known you lived so close to Brookside! After all I have been to your house plenty of times...but that was like 7 year ago! I've really lost my bearings on te area. I hope to go again next week...I'll be sure to call you then!!! :)

The Murphys said...

Come visit! We'll go to Annapolis! =)

Meg said...

Jean Marie,

We used to go to Brookside Gardens when we were little girls! I'm glad the girls had fun.

I hope you are not a dork for dressing your two girls the same because I have dressed Laurel and I somewhat matching before and I'm sure that doing that is considered much worse in the dorky department :-) Oh well!

Laurel and I will look forward to seeing you when we come for a week in May. Yipee!!

Love,
Meg