Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Going to the chapel...

...to see my DAD get married! How crazy, happy, wonderful & weird is that! But that is how we spent this past friday evening...but not at a chapel, in a ball room at a local restaurant. Here we are all ready to go...





Rachel is an incredible gift from God for my Dad. Just look how happy he is!



Dad and Rocky, the best man.




It was a short and simple ceremony, but Rachel was still glowing.


The three amigos. We stick together :)



The wedding photographer brought a box of dress ups.
It was a super fun idea and my girls loved it!!


Julie and James


My Grandpa and Jane enjoying the dancing.



One of the highlights of the wedding was that most of my Moms family came!! What a HUGE blessing to my siblings and me. Mom has 6 sisters and a brother and a very tight knit family. I grew up seeing them all the time and now they live all over the US, so it was a treat to be with them!


A moment with our Dad. It was funny being the kids at our parents wedding...
we were sure proud of him :)

The best part of the evening was watching our girls dance the night away!! Alathea was convinced we were at a princess ball. Rocky also convinced her that he was her prince! She held him to it and had to dance every song with him :)


Both girls had a blast dancing for hours. Way, way past bedtime :)



One last special picture of my Daddy & me.


I miss him this week while he's on a cruise with Rachel. I sure do love him!


Congrats Dad & Rachel!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You're right, your Dad looks so happy! He's glowing! The girls look adorable in their dresses...I'm sure they stole the show dancing. :) We miss you around here- hopefully we can chat soon.