Sunday, February 01, 2009

My Little Ballerina


These two held hands all the way into class and to the circle.




I really cannot believe I am saying this already, but Alathea is now in a Dance class! As I drove her to it this Friday, I was struck by how grown up she is. The class is for 3-4 year olds at our church, and she's still two, which makes her the youngest in the class (you can see in the picture above how tiny she is next to everyone else). But despite being so little, she LOVED it. She payed close attention to the teacher and took everything very seriously (but with a smile, of course). Joe & I were concerned that she would be shy during the class, but she was quite the opposite. Even being the shrimp of the bunch she was quite bossy..."Avery, turn around. Emma, hold her hand". Oh, my :) I think it helped having a bunch of her best buddies in the class. As she said goodbye to me and walked into class holding Avery's hand to sit in the circle (it was adorable...see the top two pictures), I felt what most Mom's must feel when their babies go to Kindergarden...my baby is growing up! I did get a little teary eyed, but mostly had a huge smile. Eileen, Kristen and I had a great time peeking through the window watching our girls in their cuteness :) And now all Alathea wants to do is "teach" Joe & I her new ballerina moves. She sleeps in her tutu. And she keeps asking for Abigail to do the class too :) When I tell her Abigail is too little, then she promises to help her. Its pretty sweet.

Hopefully I'll get some better pictures in the future. I had to take all of these through the glass window on the door. And if anyone has any hand me down leotards or ballerina shoes, we'll gladly put them to use :)

2 comments:

kendra said...

wowweeeee
she looks SO cute in the skirt and shoes! YAY

meghann said...

okay...so i would like a girl now;)