Tuesday, February 10, 2009

3 Years Old...how time flies

Alathea Joy Lechner
2-10-06

5 days old

3 Months old


7 Months Old



1 Year Old


18 Months Old


2 Years Old (and a new big sister)


2 Years Old (getting pretty used to being a big sister :)


2 1/2 Years Old


3 Years Old!!!


My *baby* turned THREE today. That sounds so big to me. I was pretty emotional when I woke up this morning, while everyone was still sleeping, reflecting back to the day that we first became parents. What a HAPPY DAY! I can remember it SO vividly. I fell instantly in love with Alathea Joy and have loved motherhood with an inexpressible joy. I never in my wildest dreams imagined I would love being a Mom this much. God has been so kind to give us these precious gifts, our two little girls. Its been quite a week with their birthdays being 3 days apart. Today I had the joy of taking Alathea on a birthday date for the entire morning (huge thanks to Laura Parks for watching Abigail). It was amazing. I have missed my big girl so much this past year. I know that sounds silly...what I mean is that I miss having so much one on one time with her. So that made this date extra special. I'll have to do a post on the day...it was that great that it deserves its own post. Anyways, Happy 3rd Birthday, my sweet Alathea Joy. You have truly brought much Joy to all who know you.  I love how you are so full of life and personality (for better or worse :) You make life so fun! I pray that you would grow to love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind & strength. I love you, baby girl.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I relate SO much to never knowing how much I would adore being a mother and how much joy it holds!!! Also, it's so lovely to see the pictures of Alathea as a newborn and then up to now... Makes me cherish every day I have with my little girl, and look with delight to the days ahead!

Happy Birthday Alathea!

Anne said...

Jean Marie, she truly is one of the prettiest little girls I've ever seen!

Ashley said...

You have 2 of the most beautiful little girls. I just love looking at all the pics you put up of them. I cannot believe they are getting so big! =)