Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Love My Girls


We've been staying pretty busy around here lately. The past few weeks we've had two birthdays and one big birthday party, an awesome visit from my sis, a night at the circus, a great trip to the Mt.'s with our friends...and in 11 days we're heading to Rekindle '09! And in the midst of this one good friend had a baby a week ago and Reba's due next week (can't wait to meet him/her)...the next best thing to having your own baby is to have some of your closest friends have one!

 In the midst of this wonderful busyness I am very aware of how quickly life flies by. And I've been seeking the Lord as to how to make the most of the time I am given. And at the top of my list is loving and serving my amazing man, of course. He is so easy to love :) And next comes my girls. And I have been loving seizing as much time with them as I possibly can. They are already 1 and 3...I'm sure I'll turn around one day and they'll be 11 and 13 (that takes my breath away!). 

Lately I've been "noticing" more things about them. I try to take a few minutes every day and really watch them and enjoy the moment. And its got me thinking about how very, very alike they are, yet how completely different they are at the same time...and about all the things I love about them.  Just for fun, here are a few...


I love how BOTH of them have gorgeous blue eyes and melt your heart smiles


I love how Alathea breaks out in dance ALL throughout the day. 
And I love how she tries to teach me and everyone else her "ballerina moves" :)



I love how the girls are becoming the best of friends.


I really love how they ADORE their Daddy. (For good reason!)


I love how they both drag their "lovies" wherever I let them
 (Abigail: pink blankie above and Alathea: her bunny)





I love how Alathea really thinks she is a princess (which she is, of course)
 and if you stopped by my house randomly this is how you'd find her dressed :) 



I love how Abi is just so squeezable :)
 And that she still loves to be squeezed.



I love how Abi eats with such passion :)


And I love seeing Abigail's personality blossom. She is such an explorer! I have to keep an eye on her. Lizzy & I turned our backs on her & Jason for a minute and we found them having a grand ol' time with the toilet paper. In a very different way then her sister, I think she's gonna keep life interesting too :) 

Its gonna be fun watching the two of them grow up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun entry to read! I love that last one with Abi and Jason getting into trouble together, haha.

JJandFive said...

Love the mischievous pict at the bottom :) Double trouble. How cute.