Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Summer...

We'll miss popsicle eating...

and grass pickin'...

...and trip going... this is the "Harmony House B&B"...one of our favorites! Joe & I went on an awesome overnight here on July 27th for our 6 YEAR anniversary! Below is a picture of us on our "romantic getaway" and a little Abigail head is there too :) She did great and even got to sleep in her own room.



Where did the summer go? Summer is my favorite season of all. Don't even get me started on it...the warm weather, the pool, the beach, no school (I'm not sure why this matters to me now, but it still makes me happy :), lemonade, sunshine, vacations, etc. We had a wonderfully blessed summer for sure. We did have two big beach trips, but besides that, we didn't do much besides going to the pool and enjoying our family, friends and two little girlies.  I realize most people don't care what we did weeks ago, but this blog is also a helpful way for me to look back & remember what we did :) So, with that said, here are a few more everyday memorie's from our summer...

We enjoyed LOTS of pool time- and almost every Saturday with Kenni 

We also enjoyed taking little buddies to the pool too. All three of the girls had matching swim suites! Alathea, Kathryn & Abigail are all exactly 1 year apart...and once baby swan #2 arrives, there will be four of them almost exactly 1 year apart!


We spent a lot of time with Grammy at the pool too! Alathea was beyond thrilled to discover she could stand by herself in the shallow end of the pool!! She kept saying "look at me!" to anyone and everyone at the pool! She also went of the DIVING BOARD! It scared me a bit, but she loved it!

Below is some extra special sister squeeze!


There were many times it was just me & the girls going swimming. I learned how to take a baby & toddler by myself. Usually they were both in floats within arms reach, but when Alathea wanted to swim, Abi got this lovely view (above) from her Bumbo. She was such a good sport.



My Sister Julie came in town in July to watch the girls for our anniversary trip and CGL Retreat. She's pretty much awesome and the best sister/aunt 
Ju-Ju on earth. 


Above is the girls in our backyard pool. Its not much more than a puddle, but they love it. Alathea especially loves going down her slide into it head first.

And...this really deserves a post of its own, but our running threesome became a running twosome...as Jenny had to finally stop running with us. I knew this was coming as soon as I heard about her going on the Mooresville church plant, but that doesn't make it any easier. Jenny has been a HUGE part of my life since I moved here 6 years ago and we started running 3x a week together. Three times a week for six years...that is a lot of time together! I was so blessed! I miss her much!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, that sounds really fun, I just loved reading about how you and the girls have just enjoyed all the joys of summer! They are beach bums just like you. :)

6 years of marriage - wow, that's something to rejoice over.

When I come back through Charlotte, I'm definitely coming by your house to play with Abi, she is growing up too fast!

Marge said...

Ah,Harmony House. Steve and I went there a few years ago for our anniversary. We were the only guests that weekend, so we had a lot of privacy! (Our anniversary is in March - not a popular month for getaways.) We liked it there, too. It's nearby and not very expensive. The hostess was very nice, too. We'll have to go back sometime.

Jeanie, you should be glad that you live in the South - the summers are much longer than up North! Me, I can't wait for summer to be over so I can enjoy the cool fall weather. Summer is my least favorite season!

kendra said...

hey...dats meeee
aw, what a sweet summer it was
love you guys

Jules Anne said...

I'm going to miss the summer too Jeanie! I can't wait until next summer when I can finally use our community pool.