Monday, September 08, 2008

Fountains






I must admit that I am soaking up every last bit of summer that is left! I've also been pondering all the memories that God has blessed us with these past three months...one of which is the many, many fun times I had with Joe & the girls at the Birkdale Fountains. We made it a regular family date to spend an hour plus just playing with Alathea in the fountains. At the beginning of the season she was a mere "distant admirer" of them, barely getting her feet wet. And then today she finally ran through the middle! She has to work up her courage over the entire season :). 

I have also made it a "tradition" to bring the girls up to the fountains every time Joe has been out of town this summer...for some extra special mommy-girlies time to keep us happy while Daddy's gone. We also made it a "tradition" to get the $1.99 kids ice cream at Cold Stone once we are done. Its a very happy ending to a fun family time. More on that later...I'm thinking of doing the next few posts on "things I loved about summer"....just one more way to keep the season alive a bit longer!

4 comments:

kendra said...

i love her face in the 2nd to last one...

look at this... i would be ok if you got these matching...
;)

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=37708&pid=594128&scid=594128012

Denise said...

That look like SO much fun!!!! Your girls are getting such a great memories created with you guys Jeanie... And that's smart to do something special when Joe's out of town - both for you and for the girls! Luv u guys!

Anne said...

Aww, the end of summer is always hard! Although, this year I am looking forward to Fall so that my girlie can come!

mary said...

I love love love that second to last picture of Alethea!! It is sooo precious! I am always so encouraged to read your blog because of the way you show your gratefulness to God for you children!!