Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sister Love


I must say that I have been blessed with two girls who adore each other. They get along better than I ever imagined at this age. Abigail lights up for Alathea like no other and Alathea is the sweetest big sister in the world...at least most of the time. Every once in a while some switch goes off in Alathea's head and she turns on Abigail, which usually is Alathea pushing her over or stepping on her head or something like that. So I am always on the lookout for sweet, doting big sister to turn in a second. 

Yesterday afternoon we were having some lovely play time the three of us and out of the corner of my eye I saw Alathea standing on our step stool peering at Abigail,  growling and waving her hands in the air (it was quite the site to behold), saying "Gonna get you Abi!". I said, "Alathea, please be kind to your sister",  to which she replied, "No, no, mommy, Yay-yay dinosaw, Abi baby horsey. Yay-yay eat Abi!" and she went back to the growling. This was one of those times I thought "do I laugh or address this issue", well, I couldn't stop laughing- where did she come up with that? I didn't think she even knew what a dinosaur was. So much for the sweet big sister! At least she is most of the time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha... your stories of them kill me!

Julie :)

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

kendra said...

yes! that is awesome. Dinos are the best.

Spirit of Adoption said...

Love it! So, so, so sweet! I'm sure Abigail loved it too!!! I was just looking at their pic and seeing how much they look alike (their eyes and nose), but how different they look too! Amazing! They both look so much like both of you, but in different ways! Beautiful girls!!!

Topharmers Wife said...

Your girls are a hoot, especially that dinosaur of yours. They sure do love each other, I am sure that they learned it from their mom and her sister! Isn't that so awesome to think that in 20 years they are going to be like you and Julie!

JJandFive said...

awwww... so fun, Jeanie! I love the way you delight in your girlies. : ) they are precious.