Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Sunshine on a cloudy day






Being a kid is so fun. I think half of why I love being a Mom so much is because I get to do all the fun kid things again with the girls. Especially with Alathea. She's in such a fun stage. God knew what he was doing combining the "training twos" with a budding, funny personality. 

Today while Abigail was napping Alathea and I got to play outside in the rain for an hour! She's been asking every day this week to use her umbrella (from Miss Hanna) & rain boots (from Uncle Kenni) she got for her birthday way back in February.   We had the greatest time.  The funniest thing is that I had to teach her to splash in puddles. Isn't that normally something kids do instinctively? Anyways, we had a blast and I laughed so hard! I'm loving my girlies :) 


Here was Alathea's initial reaction to the puddles! Oh, my!! I can't believe I am having to teach my kid how to get messy! What a girly girl :)

4 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

That last picture is the best! I love how you got her in action! They are all so cute!!

kendra said...

these are my favorite of her Jeanie! I am sooooooo glad she gets to use the boots! :)

Ashley said...

Sooo Cute, Jeanie!

The Honea Pad said...

HAHA! Girl I am cracking up.. of course you got Girly Girls... Do I need to come over and teach her how to do a slide tackle in the mud.. cause I will!