Thursday, August 07, 2008

6 Months


How did this happen? Can anyone explain to me how my baby is 6 months old today? I truly cannot grasp how quickly time goes by. It seems like she was just born- I can remember that clearly. But then the following 5 months seem like a blur. I know in the moment I cherished every second with her, but there is no way to make time stand still. Believe me I've tried- really hard! 

Below is a picture of me and Abigail the day after she was born! At that point she didn't even have a name yet! What precious memories!


Abigail the day she was born. Precious little baby.


I have been abundantly blessed beyond what I could have asked or imagined by this little girl. While at times I do wish time could stand still, I am grateful for each new day I have with her. This recent season of Abigail sitting up on her own has been so sweet for the girls as sisters. They spend a good part of every day "playing" together. Thank the Lord that Alathea loves babies! She'll sit on the blanket shaking Abi's rattles saying "See Abi!" with a ridiculous expression that I must make when I talk to Abi :). 

Abigail continues to be our little sunshine. Happy as can be. Although she was quite upset on Sunday night. I let her " taste" ice cream and she loved it! (I know that 6 months is too young for ice cream, but it was fun :) Then every time I would take a bite she'd scream until I let her lick it too! If she's this chunky on breast milk alone, I wonder what food will do to her! 

Here are a few pictures of her from yesterday. Happy "half-year" birthday, Abigail! (I have to admit that we did sing happy birthday to her while she was wearing a b-day hat today...and I took the girls out on a special date to celebrate today :) You can only imagine what we'll do when she turns a year!



4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute as a button! Love you Abi Girl!

kendra said...

oh! My favorite baaaaaby!

Topharmers Wife said...

Happy Half Birthday Girlie!! I can't believe that she is almost a year, I really thought it was a joke that you said 6 months!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Abi!! I can't wait to see her!!