Sunday, August 10, 2008

On the move...



Our little Abi girl has reached a big milestone...she's moving now! This past week she started scooting. The funniest thing is she's scooting backwards! She extends her arms out, which pushes her backwards. So when she wants to get to some toys, she actually moves away from them. This shows how mild mannered she is- she doesn't cry, she just keeps trying (and moving farther and father away :). I often find her underneath our couch, having scooted across the entire room. 

By the time she turned six months old, Alathea was on all fours crawling across the room. That was WAY too early for me :). I'm grateful Abigail isn't crawling yet, although she rocks on all fours quite a bit.  I have to admit I am a little sad that Abi's started scooting. It's a sign she is growing up way too fast. I kept telling her to stop and just lay there like a little baby, but Joe told me to stop and be happy about this big milestone :)

3 comments:

Anne said...

Jeanie, you are so cute:) I'm glad you love you little girls as babies so very much! I think Abi is tired of people talking about her cute chuckiness and she is ready to work it off;) Tell her she needs to save some!

kendra said...

you crack me up Jeanie. I can tally see you commanding your baby to not crawl.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how you are one to totally savor each milestone and yet God has sent you TWO babies who hit their milestones early?!