Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July

My All-American Girls!

This July 4th me & the girls tried to make the most of it while Joe/Daddy was away at youth camp for the weekend. We miss Joe so much. Alathea woke up every morning saying she was sad (which is SO unusual for her). I'd ask her why and she's say because Daddy was bye-bye. She & I had a good talk (well, for a two year old) and I think she understood that what Daddy was doing was important because he was serving the Lord. So now when people ask her where Daddy is, she says "Serving God". Its quite cute.



We did have a great day just us girls on the 4th. It's fun for me to have days that are completely focused on Alathea & Abigail. We woke up and had a great morning snuggle/reading time and then headed to the park by 9:30am. We walked from the park all the way to Starbucks. It was a lovely morning and we had a great time walking with the double stroller (walking is so much more fun than driving). Alathea loves Starbucks (in the genes)- but especially because we play connect four together every time we go there.


After our Starbucks visit, I stopped by the grocery store to buy Alathea a 4th of July donut! She was thrilled! She enjoyed that as we walked back to the park to meet Reba and Kathryn. Below is a picture of Abigail sound asleep in her carseat- she napped the entire time.



Despite the typical two year old selfishness, these girls just love each other! They enjoyed feeding the ducks together too. 

To end the day we spent the evening at Jon & Heathers house to celebrate Jon's b-day. As you can see in the picture below Alathea & Andrew loved the pool. They jumped in with their clothes on at first!



Even though we enjoyed the day together as girlies, we are SO excited that Daddy comes home tonight!!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Jeanie, these pictures are wonderful! I wish it was cool to wear 4th of July jumpers as adults! Thanks for letting Joe serve at youth camp:) His message truly was outstanding!

Denise said...

I love how you dressed the girls on the 4th! Very cute. Nice to hear you made the day special even though Joe was gone... I like the donut idea a lot!

I find it funny too that Starbucks has been totally out for me, but surely all the money we save can be used later as I get my taste back. :)