Friday, June 27, 2008

Abi's first food...

Alathea: "Abi, open mouth!"

Abi's thinking "Gross!"

"This food looks much better than it tastes!"

Alathea: "Abi, open mouth again!"
Abi: "Mommy, please no more! I'll never look at food lustfully again!"

Abigail is happy girl again! She can handle the green beans as long as they are outside her mouth, not inside!

As you can see we gave Abigail her 1st taste of "real" food. I am no advicate of starting baby food early. I honestly would rather just skip baby food all together. I planned on waiting until Abi was at least 6 months old (she's only 4 months now). But, if you have ever seen this girl around food! She practically dives at it with her mouth wide open! She'll smack her lips, drool and reach for our food. So I thought maybe I was being selfish not seeing if she wanted it sooner. 

It was fun watching her faces! She did NOT like those green beans! Alathea was so funny feeding her. I have a hilarious video clip...I wish I knew how  to put it on this blog. Alathea actually did a great job. She has lots of practice after feeding Kat-Kat baby food last year (yes, it really looks like a baby feeding a baby!!). 

So, for now, we're keeping the baby food in the pantry. It was a fun 20 minutes. But we won't try again for another two months. Hopefully Abigail will behave herself around big people food until the time comes to try again. 

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I see you went with "Abi." Nice choice. =) Looks like Alathea enjoyed this more than Abi did. I cant believe she is already 4 months!

Lora said...

No wonder she didn't like it! Green beans are the worst baby food ever! (IMO, of course.) But, they say we have to start them on those green veggies first or all they'll want are the yummy fruits. (Olivia is still eating a banana a day...)

Jellybeans Children's Boutique said...

Your girls are soo cute!! I stumbled across your blog while searching for a customers baby blog. I think that you might enjoy visiting our website and reading our blog

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

kendra said...

so funny. And thanks to this post, i can never eat grown up green beans again.

C. said...

oh my... we didn't give Savanna green beans until after she had rice... I guess that's a first time mom's blunder. But she loves them... in fact ALL FOOD she loves. I love how perfectly plump your little Abi is. She's so cute!