Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sweet days



Just a quick post to say I am so enjoying being a Mommy of two girls. I think every morning the Lord reminds me of what gifts they are to me and how precious this season of being a mom of young kids is. It seems that every so often (lets say at least once a week) you'll find me tired, overwhelmed and usually in tears having lost perspective of who my God is, what amazing gifts he has blessed me with and the purpose of motherhood. This season I so easily fall into that temptation unlike any other season of life. I am so grateful for the Lord faithfully refreshing my soul and for the patience and leadership of my dear husband. What a sweet season this has been- and what a humbling and growing time it has been too. I'm sure one day I'll have four kids (if God chooses to bless us with that many) and I'll look back on having two and chuckle at how I struggled at times to manage so few. That is why I am thankful that so far God has only given us one at a time!

Alathea & Abigail bring so much joy to us. Alathea is still "baby crazy". She spends most of every day caring for her three baby dolls (hmmm...possible triplets in her future??) and her bunny. She diapers them, dresses them, feeds them, nurses them (that make me laugh) and puts them to bed. She mimics us almost exactly in the way we care for Abigail. It's really sweet. She's still an all-star big sister too. In the picture above she is reading Abigail stories in her crib. Alathea is so vibrant and full of energy. She's always talking or singing some song really loud. She especially sings in the car, which is a real treat. 

And Abigail is still growing up too fast. Fortunately she is a major snuggle bug, so in some ways I still hold and cuddle her as much as when she was first born. She's almost rolling over and now grabs at toys. We've noticed that she really eye balls food. Jane commented that she must be advanced- so we joke that she is our "advanced eater" :). No baby food yet for her, but its just around the corner. My baby is growing up!! If only I could stop time...

I've got some pictures from Memorial Day I'm hoping to post on soon about my Dad & brothers visit, as well as some exciting news in my sisters life!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

They're very cute together. Sounds like you're doing great with the mommy of 2 kids thing, though!

Wagener family fun said...

Jeanie,
You just amaze me in your blogs.I remember when we used to attend Crossway when you first got engaged. I did not know you back then boy I wish I had though. What an inspiration you are at such a young age. You are so joyfully thankful for all of the blessings the Lord has given you and your hubby. You embrace every aspect of your life with arms wide open no matter what the outcome is you understand that it is the Lords will. You are truly an inspiration Jeanie to all of the mothers out there even ones as myself with older children. It helps us all to be reminded of what gifts our children are and to enjoy every moment with them.
Thank you!
Shawna

Campbell said...

Haha! That was a "quick post," girl??

I love how you love your girls. Jeanie. I love how you treasure them. You're a wonderful example.

Em + eva