Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Our not so little one...



As you can see, Abigail is growing up! She is 10 weeks old. She is also our "chunky monkey"- tipping the scales at 14lbs! She's in the 97th% for height and weight. I think the extra weight has helped her sleep well at night. On average, she sleeps from 11pm-5:30am. At the 5:30am feeding, she eats and goes immediately back to bed until about 9am. I know some people have baby's that sleep through the night by 8 weeks. After Alathea, who still woke up once a night at 12 months, I never imagined I would. It has been a blessing though! Somehow, even with the longer stretches of sleep, I am still incredibly tired. Maybe the tiredness is just part of Motherhood and is here to stay :). 

Abigail is still our easy, happy baby. She's been smiling for over a month, and just started really cooing last week. It sure is fun looking into those beautiful blue eyes and "talk" with her! She's been fighting a cold this past week too. I think it's from big sister's germs. Alathea didn't get her 1st cold until she was 11 months old- I don't think Abigail has a chance being around toddlers so often. Despite the cold, she's still quite happy. it doesn't seem to bother her too much. It does keep Joe up at night with her stuffy breathing though!

Next to the smiles, snuggles and coos that I receive, one of my favorite things is watching Abigail's face light up when Alathea is near. It is soooo sweet!!

I hope to post a more thorough life update soon!

4 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

Wow!! She looks so much like both of you! : ) So cute!!! And sleeping well - what a gift!!! : )

Anne said...

I love how serious Abi looks in her pictures. She seems like she is taking everything in so she'll be really smart when she starts talking:)

Robin said...

OMG...you guys just make the cutest little girls!!!! She is so adorable!!! It is so kind of the Lord to make her an "easy" baby as you now have two little girls and the older doing more things and needing more "input". God is good!

Anonymous said...

The sibling love becomes more and more a delight to watch. Even though they tend to clash more as they get older, my two also seem to love each other more and more. Its really special to watch that friendship form.