Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Daily Life



Now that we are a new family of four, our daily  life looks a little different than it did when there were just three of us. "Twice the Joy and Twice the Work". That about sums it up! We have been enjoying lots of sweet times as a family. Most of the sweetest memories are made right at home, during part of every day life. Reading is a huge part of our life, as Alathea is obsessed with books! She probably reads 50+ a day! I am not a reader (shamefully!), so who knows where she gets this from. Maybe because we started reading to her when she was 2 months old? Anyways, we have lots of snuggles during our reading time.


As you can see in the past two pictures, Joe is one AMAZING dad! Both girls adore him. It has been especially sweet to see how much Alathea & him have grown even closer since Abigail was born.  Joe is a very hands on Dad. When he is home, he dives right in to help feed Alathea dinner, change diapers, change clothes, play outside, read stories, take baths and put the girls to bed! He also helps me finish dinner when I'm behind, do the dishes and clean the house before bed. Lately on his day off he's been helping me catch up on laundry! I know- I married an amazing man! I am truly blessed. 




On to sisterhood. Things are going well! Alathea & Abigail seem to love being sisters already. I have many cute pictures of them together that I'll post sometime, but this one made me laugh. I think Alathea is trying to "help" Abigail calm down. She was going "shhh. its OK ga-gail". She is quite the little mommy- for better or worse.


We've been gardening lots! Well, Joe has been gardening. He has created a gorgeous garden out back. We've spent hours a day sitting on our back patio, talking together while Alathea plays. That is Alathea's other great love after reading & babies- the great Outdoors! We spend a good part of everyday exploring outside, collecting pine cones and flowers, kicking the ball, going to the park, rolling down hills. Motherhood is so fun.




We've been spending lots of time with Grammy! She is a wonderful Grandma and makes time every week to see us. We also talk to Pop-Pop (my Dad) and Ju-Ju (Julie, my sister) on the phone every day!



Here are my two incredibly adorable nephews! They are almost the exact same age as our two girls!! How cool to have cousins the same age. Alathea LOVES playing with "ee-oo" (Andrew). And Abigail and Caleb are only 5 week apart in age. Its been such a blessing having Jon & Heather and their kiddo's to grow up with.

This picture represents the changing of seasons. Alathea decided she is done with her farm animals fridge magnets (which is why they are on the ground). She replaced them with the Alphabet ones. She became interested in the Alphabet this past month and in a lot of ways has taught herself all 26 letters.

And, of course, our sweet little Abigail. This is her sitting in her seat outside while Alathea ran around playing. What a good baby!

As for me, this has been an incredible season with the Lord. I have never felt so dependent on him, which is a wonderful place to be in! I have such a desire and need to meet with the Lord through out the day for wisdom, strength, peace and joy. I'll have to elaborate more on all God's been teaching me. Its been humbling,  but its been good!

5 comments:

tessa said...

what rich times! i love that first picture! daily life, and daily grace. soak it up!

Robin said...

Get your library card ready!!!! Chelsey has always been the same way with books and reading. It is a blessing, because all it takes is a good book for her to be occupied for a long time...even now! She became a very avid reader. Still today, she checks out a minimum of about 20 books every 3 weeks. When she was little, it was more like 50...it's sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

oooh my goodness! these pictures make me miss you guys even more now!! Abagails cheeks are huge! and i love em! my fav picture is alathea claming abi!
Julie :)

Boiler Girl said...

gotta love the cheeks!!!

kendra said...

i need to hug both of them... and you

love you friend!