Sunday, April 06, 2008

A Family of Four


"Many, O Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us,
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak of them,
they would be too many to declare."
-Psalm 40:5



"The Lord has done great things for us,
 and we are filled with joy."
-Psalm 126:3



"O Lord, you are my God;
I will exalt and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
you have planned marvelous things,
things planned long ago."
-Isaiah 25:1



If you flipped though my Bible you'd find dates scribbled by each of these verses. The first verse has 7/27/02 ...the day my Love & I were married. The second has 2/10/06. The day our first little girl, Alathea Joy, was born. And the third scripture had 2/7/08. The day our sweet Abigail Kathleen entered the world. 

I can hardly write those verses with out tears welling up in my eyes. They speak volumes to me. God has graciously laid specific scriptures on my heart that seem to sum up significant events in my life (also including my grandmother and my moms death- I'll have to share them some other time). 


And in addition to the scriptures, I look at this picture! Wow! The gratefulness and joy in my heart for those three people pictured with me...it is simply beyond words! God has  blessed me more than I'd asked or imagined- and far more than I ever deserved. Thank you, Lord!!

1 comment:

Spirit of Adoption said...

What a precious post, Jeanie! And YOU, no doubt, are a gift to them!!!