Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Boy


I'm convinced that words cannot express how deeply I love this boy. I'm in awe at Gods amazing design of marriage, and how even when life gets more challenging (like through adding babies) you can by his grace fall even more in love with each other. This is whats happened these past two weeks. As we have started the journey of having two kids, an energetic toddler and a brand newborn, which means a lot of sleepless nights, much adjustment, less time to relax and rest, a postpartum body (for me), I have only fallen more in love with Joe.

God has once again opened my eyes to the gift that Joe is to me. He has joyfully laid down his own interests and desires (which is mostly simply to sleep at this point :), to serve me, Alathea & Abigail. Starting from the way he tenderly and compassionately held my hand during labor, the way he prayed for me and encouraged my soul when I was fearful of Abigail's health just before delivery, the exuberant joy on his face when he saw little Abigail for the first time- all these things make me love him so much. But that is just the start- during the days at the hospital my after birth contractions were so painful, other than feeding Abigail, he took on all other opportunities to care for her so that I could recover. Since we have returned home, he has had to work every day with February being his busiest month of the year. On top of working every day and still fighting a bad cough, he comes home full of joy & excitement to be with his girls. Yesterday, for example, he came home and immediately sat on the couch and read the girls stories, then picked up the house and vaccumed, then proceeded to heat up dinner, fed Alathea on his lap during dinner, did the dishes, gave Alathea a bath, played some more with her after her bath and once Alathea was in bed spent the rest of the evening with me & Abigail. You would have never known how little sleep he had been getting, or how much work he had waiting for him at the office the next day, or how he hadn't taken a moment just for himself in days. He is one godly, generous, loving, joy-filled, selfless man! And I am blessed beyond belief to be his wife! I love you, baby!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Thanks for boasting about Joe! It makes me excited to see Will as a dad. I think that I really can't love him anymore, but I'm excited to be proven wrong :-)

I'm glad that your little family is doing well. Mom mentioned how fun it was for her to be able to come and spend some time with you all.

Love,
Meg

Anonymous said...

What a great man God has given you! :) (And I think he's pretty lucky to have you, too!)

The Honea Pad said...

How Wonderful to see the Lord Bless you with so many good things! He knows exactly what we need and provides in our times of need! We are so lucky that Joe brought you back to us!