Friday, December 14, 2007

Already??



I posted the above picture because Alathea looks so sweet and innocent (and her face is covered in an entire tube of lip gloss- she's smiling for the picture because she "looks pretty" :). Yesterday afternoon Alathea decided to call "Dada" on the phone- which she attempts to do every day. Once I catch her I usually ask her to hang up or help her call Dada myself. When I found her sitting on the floor dialing, I asked her to hang up the phone. Instead of cheerfully obeying, she started screaming, and in an attempt to be faithful to train her, I took her into the bathroom for instruction and discipline. All this happened while the phone was still not hung up.

To make a long story short, Joe got home about 5 minutes later. Then almost immediately a police officer was standing at the door. Honestly I was a little concerned something was wrong until he informed us that they had just received a 911 call from a screaming child from this address! I tried hard not to laugh, as I know its a serious thing to tie up police officers with fake 911 calls...but it was hard not to. He asked a number of questions until we convinced him that she was the only child in the house, and at barely 22 months old, she did not understand what 911 meant. Fortunately she greeted the officer at the door with her usual "Hi!" and smile.

Joe & I had a good laugh about it. Its hard to believe that she punched in those numbers! I only wonder how much they overheard once I got her off the phone! Anyways, I know this has happened to just about every one who has children, I just didn't think she'd get herself into that kind of trouble already! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanie, this story is hilarious! I can see Alathea loving to tell this story when she grows up!
Annie M:)

Lindsay said...

That's so cute Jeanie!

Marge said...

Funny, funny, funny! But I'm not so sure about your statement that "this has happened to just about every one who has children." We never had that kind of excitement at our house (thank the Lord!) Thanks for sharing!

Hilary Ann said...

Oh my goodness! What a great story =)

Chavia said...

Lol, ya the little boy I nanny for called 911 last month, he did it on purpose. The funny thing was, two days later his grandma who lives in the same house did the same thing accidentally, she thought she was calling 411 lol

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so glad you didn't get in trouble for "disciplining" her.