Sunday, November 11, 2007

Asheville with my Love


Joe & I had a romantic, relaxing 3 night get a way this past week in Asheville, NC. God provided in so many ways to make this last minute trip possible. It was wonderful timing for us just a few months before baby girl #2 enters our world!


We arrived Sunday afternoon at our little cabin in the woods. We loved the little thing- it was brand new, yet rustic; really cute and really affordable! After sleeping in of course, eating a homemade breakfast and enjoying the extra time for long devotions, we spent the day driving the blue ridge parkway. The leaves were still beautiful. We found a great place for a short hike. It was so fun enjoying the entire day just the two of us!


Monday evening we went to the Biltmores "Candlelight Christmas". It was festive, romantice & beautiful to say the least! Unfortunately we couldn't take any pictures or I certainly would have! For an extra $10 we were able to upgrade to a 12 month pass, so we did and went back on Tuesday during the day. We did an audio tour and a "Behind the Scenes" tour.




This last picture is the view from the Biltmore house- gorgeous! Tuesday night we ate at a nice restaraunt- our first meal out the whole trip! Joe cooked for me the entire time! He's amazing. It saved a lot of money, and we enjoyed eating in our cozy cabin. Wednesday morning came all too soon- we topped the trip off with a breakfast at Craker Barrell and then headed home to get our little Alathea. We are so grateful for our friends who blessed us with money for the trip (which enabled me to have Starbucks more than I ever would have!!!, on top of much more added to the trip because of their generosity) and the Seavers & Steve and Lizzy Honea for watching Alathea for us! She did great while we were gone- and I did too!! I was ready to see her by Wednesday though! I'm also grateful for my amazing husband taking the time out of his busy fall work schedule to spend this time together!!


**I love you baby!! I enjoyed every minute with you!!!***

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good time!

Robin said...

It sounds like a really great trip. I know that the Lord will bless your time together as life gets busy once again!

LeahHawkins said...

Looks like a great time! It was great to see you at the meeting on Friday... Evan said he has enjoyed the changes I've made since... looks like I'll be going to meetings more often ;)

Spirit of Adoption said...

So sweet! I love that pic of ya'll! The Biltmore!!!! That sounds GREAT! I've always wondered if that was worth the $! : ) Sounds like it was!!! So glad it was a sweet and romantic time!

Anonymous said...

sounds soo fun!! I can not wait to see you guys!!!! I miss you!!