Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tagged- a week late

I'm obviously not real good at this "tagged" thing. I think Juli & Eileen tagged me over a week ago. Well, better late than never. I'm supposed to share 8 random things about myself...here we go:

1. I was an avid soccer player growing up and half-way through college. I sometimes played on up to three teams at the same time. For a few years I played on the Olympic Developemental team. I miss playing all the time and still play indoor with my siblings when I go home.

2. "Home" is Maryland- born and raised in the same house in Olney, MD since I was three. My family still lives there.

3. I grew up in a huge family. Just 3 siblings, but my Mom had 8 siblings, who all married and had more kids. On holidays we'd typically have 40-50 people at a time and I loved it! I have some second cousins who are in their 40's and and uncle who is 17- its hard to know exactly how I am related to everyone. We'd get together for every holiday AND everyone's birthday! It was about once a week we'd have a "party" at Grandma's house. One Thanksgiving a man walked into Grandma's house and stayed about 30 minute before he realised he was at the wrong house! Everyone just assumed someone else knew him!!

4. I LOVE Starbucks Lite Ice 2% Chai Lattes! They always bring a smile to my face!

5. I used to want to have all boys. Fortunately I have changed my mind..since we are working on girl #2 right now. I really love having girls...its the best and I really mean that. I wouldn't mind having all girls now (although one boy would be nice :)

6. My family raised Golden Retrievers...we had a Momma dog who had a couple of litters of puppy's. There is nothing cuter than a baby Golden Retriever!

7. I have visited over 10 countries. My Mom and I shared a love for travel. I'm so glad we were able to share those memories together. Joe & I love to travel too. We hope to visit all 50 states together. Right now we have a huge map in our closet with red pins for every place we've been together.

8. I was in the very first SGM youth group that they had the parents attend the meetings with the kids. Growing up at Covenant Life, we were the ginnea pigs for a lots of things! While the kids were not in favor at first- it was a huge shift in how we used to do things- the fruit was amazing and most youth groups have been modeled after that one ever since. I also graduated from Covenenant Life High school in a class of 18.

9. I guess I'm going over, but I thought of one more...Joe & I met when I was just 17 years old at my 1st college ministry meeting and I was just 19 when we got married. Not too unusual in the south, but up north people thought I was sooooo young!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

That's funny, I knew you were from MD but I grew up in Olney too and my family is still there too! Small world!

Rebecca said...

I think everyone knows you love Starbucks Ice Chai lattes....it's one of your daily accessories. :)

Kelley Murphy said...

from one starbucks light iced 2% chai addict to another... happy thanksgiving!