Monday, August 27, 2007

We made it Home







After our last minute & extremely full trip to MD, praise the Lord, Alathea & I made it home safe & sound. We got in around 1am last night, after a long, long trip home. I've never met an 18 month old who has traveled as much as Alathea has, and she typically does very well. This trip home was a different story...we left MD around 4pm driving home with Kendra & Shaynah who were visiting Md for the weekend as well. Alathea was great until 8pm, when she started fussing, which turned into crying, and didn't stop (except for a brief 45 min) until we finally arrived home over 4 hours later. Wow...that was a test of my patience, which I can honestly say I didn't pass well. God bless the other girls in the car...they were extremely patient.

Anyways, I repented this morning, and now I can reflect on all the good that happened this weekend. I had many wonderful conversations with my Dad, brother & sister. I was able to meet the lady my Dad has been starting to date this month. For those of you who have known how difficult this situation has been for me, I can honestly say that Sherrie is wonderful. It was very helpful to meet her. Alathea & I also got time with my Grandma Bowers and My Grandpa & his wife. We also had fun during the day at a local water park...with fountains & huge water slides (which I really enjoyed!). Alathea enjoyed a daily trip to the park down the street. Being at my Dad's is like an ultimate vacation for her...he has a dog (whom she adores!), a huge yard & garden to play in, a fountain outside to splash in, a jacuzzi tub that is awesome for bubble baths, a piano that Rocky plays with her, lots of beds to jump on, a house 3x as big as hers to run around in, stairs to climb (a novelty when you live in our 1 story house), a park down the street, as well as having Pop-Pop, Aunt Julie & Uncle Rocky there (and my Uncle Bill).

I enjoyed all the time with my family & extended family. I also loved getting so much time with Alathea without having chores & other distractions. We had a blast together! We both missed Joe (Alathea asked for him constantly) and are thrilled to be home with him.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I have to say, that sounds like a terrific and wonderful trip - I'm so glad you took it!!! But I almost cried when I read how upset she was in the car!!! I feel bad for you and her going through that, but I know the Lord mercifully used it (& I'm glad she IS a good traveler!).