Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Where have we been? (part 1)



Sorry for our two week absence! Being in the 1st trimester of pregancy, while over all I feel great and have nothing to complain about, I move slow. With Alathea I said I feel like I am running on 75% capasity, and now with an almost toddler on top of it, I'm lucky to get my daily chores done each day, let alone blog :). But I am just entering week 12...so feeling energetic again is hopefully on the near horizon. This coming Monday we will hopfully be able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the 1st time.

We have also been on vacation!! We spent 7 wonderful days with my family (and lots of extended family) at my childhood vacation spot at Bethany Beach, DE and Ocean City, MD (they are within 5 miles of each other). Before Joe & I got married I spend at least 3 weeks at my grandma's beach house every summer (nice life, I know). Joe has been with my family a few times...it is even the 1st place we ever held hands. It had been over three years since Joe or I have been back.

So here is a "photo documentary" of the trip (which I have to say a HUGE thank you to my incredibly generous Dad who paid for the entire trip!):



Joe's brother, Aaron, joined us on the trip. This is where he & Alathea sat on the 9 hour ride up north


Alathea was most excited about seeing "Juu-leee", who may be her favorite person in the world


Aunt Jeanie, Julie, Grace & Alathea


Alathea enjoyed "boating" with cousins Grace & Isaiah...


...while we enjoyed our 1st day the the beach Jet Skiing with Aunt Pat & Uncle Bill (pictured)


Alathea enjoyed vacation very much!




We went to "Funland" and Alathea LOVED every ride...the same rides I went on when I was her age!


This is the Bakery where I went on "Donut Dates" with my Mom as a kid- and now I could take Alathea


...I realize I haven't posted even once beach picture yet (we spent most of every day at the beach), so I will post our vacation part two in the morning!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Oh Jeanie, those are so wonderful, it looks like a MARVELOUS time!!! Alathea looked like the had such a great time, I'm so glad you got to vacation with your family/extended family... so nice!

(& yes, it does take a lot of trust in Jonathan with that small plane, & I'm still getting used to feeling so "small" in the sky, but it was exciting!)

Anonymous said...

Jeanie, I love that picture of Alathea on the merry-go-round! My mom has an almost identical picture of me on that very ride. I even had on the little dress and wispy blond hair: ) What a fun trip down memory lane!
Annie M.

Hilary Ann said...

Jeanie, it looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I know all of those pictures of Alathea will be so special to her as she looks back on them and remember all the fun trips you've been able take! I love the picture of her and Julie, what a special relationship =)

Anonymous said...

Jeanie, loved the photos and the stories. What great memories! Lord willing, more to come every year. Bethany Beach rules!

You are a great mommy, your mom would be SO proud of you.

I love you.

Aunt Jeanie