Sunday, July 08, 2007

4th of July







This post comes a bit late, but we had a fantastic holiday. I told Joe that the 4th of July ranks high as one of my favorite holidays. I love the patriatism, the outdoor BBQ's and partys, the warm summer nights spent watching fireworks...it all brings back great memories of how I spend the 4th growing up. We would gather at my parents bay house with 30+ friends and spend the day swimming, eating hamburgers, spending time with each other, wearing red, white & blue and then it would be topped off with Uncle Billy's famous firework's show at the beach. How fun!!

This year we spent it at Jon & Heathers house along with all of Joe's family and some of Heather's family. It was wonderful. Alathea especially loved Andrews swing. She spent a good 45 minutes swinging really high as Joe pushed her. She was laughing hard! Before the party began at night Joe, Alathea & I took a tour of the Panthers Stadium. It was pretty cool watching Joe's face as he got the "behind the scenes tour" (like sitting in the same seat as John Madden when he announces the game...as seen in the inside picture above). All in all it was a fabulous day. The only thing that would have made it better would be if my family was with us!

2 comments:

meghann said...

love the first pic with one shoe off! so glad to see yall had a great july 4th!

Meg said...

these are so cute! I like the one of Alathea in front of the blue background. I am also very excited about your new baby! I can't wait to see him :-)