Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Summer Vacation at the Beach- (part 2)






















We sure did have an incredible vacation- thanks to my awesome Dad! Alathea loved the ocean and would run at full speed into the waves (we really had to watch her closely!). We ended up buying her a $3 baby pool for the beach to satisfy her water cravings in a safer way. One day we spent at Assateague Island, where they had wild horses running on the beach (which is why there is a picture of a horse). We went out for Ice Cream lots- and even once to my favorite "make your own sundae" place- Candy Kitchen.

It was so fun to see how Alathea clearly remembers my Dad (Pop-Pop), Rocky & Julie (and even Rocky's girlfriend, Jess). That was a huge blessing to me as I want them to have a big place in her life even if they don't live in the area. I also enjoyed getting time with Grandpa, Jane & Miles as well as my Aunt Jeanie, Grace & Isaiah (who now live in Kansas). We don't see them but maybe twice a year. Aunt Pat opened her beach house on the beautiful canal up to us almost every night for dinner & kayaking. Her husband Bill is the pro jet-skiier, which is always a bonus on each trip. As always, it was great to be with Uncle Billy too- he feels like part of the immediate family since he lives with Dad now.

The only down side to the trip was Joe got food-poisening from the famous Grotto's pizza (he ate a cold cut sub) and was sick for an entire day. Besides that, our little family created many more memories that we'll cherish forever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such good pictures!! man i want to go back to the beach... soo bad. but i cant wait to see you on wednesday!! Hey feel free to thank me for all my photography skills that are in all the pics i took... :) love you!

Anonymous said...

aw, I love you guys.
We need to get started on Project Make Lathie Love Uncle Kenni Again.

Topharmers Wife said...

You have such a great family! I am so glad that you were able to hang out with them for a whole week! Just think, next year on your trip you will have another peanut to carry on traditions with!