Monday, July 30, 2007

Baby Update



Good news...we went to the DR's today and heard a good strong heart-beat for the little baby. For those of you who have asked, and to which I responded I had no idea, I am now 13 weeks. On August 30th we'll go in for a sonogram and hopefully see if we are having another little girly or a boy. I am starting to feel a lot more energetic this past week, which means I am finally napping less and getting more done during Alathea's nap time.

As far as our big baby goes, she's growing up sooooo fast. I'm actually not sad about it, just enjoying each new stage she enters. On August 10th she will be 18 months old! It seems like we just had her b-day party. The other scary thing about her being 18 months is that means we'll have another baby in just 6 short months!

Alathea is finally starting to talk. She actually has been quite vocal for a while, carrying on true conversations complete with pauses, questures, looking at you in the eyes and lots of different words...just in her "own" language. It's quite hysterical if you have ever been the one she's talking to. About a month ago she started saying more English words and is now up to about 50. She says things like "bubble", "Ju-lee" (Julie, my sister), "ower" (flower), "baa" (ball), "melmo" (Elmo-which now she has three Elmo dolls since my brother & Dad thought it was so cute) of course "Dada" (her first word) and all the animal sounds. The sweetest thing is that her favorite word is "Mamma", which she says over & over again with a smile- a sure heart melter for me! She is such a sweetie pie.

We've now entered the real-deal training stage as our little sinner is displaying her sinful heart on a regular basis. There is nothing like being responsible to "bring up your child in the Lord" to reveal your dependence on God. I am regularly at a loss for what to do in the moment and find myself crying out to the Lord for guidence. In reality it is a great place to be in. Joe has brought excellent wisdom into how to train Alathea. We have also been blessed with so many godly examples who have gone before us! Alathea is quite a girly girl, even when it comes to discipline. She has learned the art of manipulation so early- when one of us is about to discipline her, she sweetie calls out for the other parent. Smart girl, unfortunately it doesn't work :) On Alathea's 18 month b-day I'll give a more extensive up date on our sweet girl.

The pictures are of Alathea after playing in the fountains at Northlake. She loves going there and the fountains at Birkdale. It makes for a fun family day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news about baby's heartbeat. Hopefully that ultrasound isn't too soon to get a good look...?

Alathea sounds like she is developing great. That is so funny that she calls for the other parent when she is going to be disciplined. LOL Around 18 months old is when I felt like the training really kicked in and got tough. I think its good to get pregnant before then so that you can't chicken out on more kids! :D

I am going to enjoy and benefit from seeing how you two raise Alathea. Savannah is right behind her....!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was just looking at her picture and noticed she hasn't gotten her K9 teeth in yet. Since you thought she might be teething, maybe she is getting those in. I think that would be a normal age.

Anonymous said...

sooooooo cute!!! look at the lil goose. Cant wait to see you both! that phone call today when she said my name made me soo happy :)

Topharmers Wife said...

She is such a little ham!!