Friday, August 03, 2007

Hugs




Alathea has been really affectionate lately. She loves to "snuggle" with Mommy & Daddy. Before bedtime she will cuddle with me for a while. She loves all the normal things for kids her age- sitting on our lap, holding our hand as we walk, resting her head on our shoulder. She loves giving kisses- both pecks on the lips and blowing them across the room. She often gets in moods where the whole room gets kisses, so she goes to every single person. Her latest thing has been giving out hugs- especially to her friends. Below are sweet pictures of her hugging Aunt Julie (who is in town right now- Alathea is in baby heaven!), Avery, Andrew & CJ (all three of them are very patient with her as she hugs them a lot). I have some sweet picts of her hugging her Daddy, but I still can't figure out how to post vertical pictures with out them ending up horizontal (and help??). The above picture is one of my favorites- a spontanous hug from my girly- caught beautifully by Julie's friend Kristen (www.kristenleighphotography.blogspot.com).

I think hugs are the greatest things about being a Mom :) I savor every single one.




3 comments:

Meg said...

Jeanie,
Those are SO cute! I love getting hugs from babies and I'm not even a mom. I'm sure your own kids make it much more wonderful! To post pictures the other direction, I just save them in my picture file right way up before posting. That is using Microsoft Office Picture. I'm not sure if it would work with something else.

Feel like I haven't visted Charlotte in a long time! Will and I are planning our next visit.

Love you!
Meg

Denise said...

What a cutie!!! I love the picture of her huggig Julie - that is just precious. I'd blow it up and put it in my room if that was me! She is very affectionate. I bet she'll be that way for Baby #2 - how sweet!

Unknown said...

Hey Jeanie. I do the same thing...save the pics to the computer and then rotate them there (in My Pictures) before I post them. Hope that helps!

And what are the odds Alathea will give someone she doesn't know a hug?!? I'm craving one of those sweet hugs now! We'll have to work on that.