Monday, May 21, 2007

The Beach



















We had a fantastic time as our little family this week at the beach. We were at Oak Island from Wed-Saturday. I realized that this was my first time at a NC beach! (I've been to Myrtle before, but thats SC). The best part of the trip BY FAR was watching Alathea just delight in being at the beach! I'm so glad we are now a family of three beach bums! We went to the beach from the time she woke up, went home for her nap, then back to the sand until the sun went down. We were blessed to have a little "tidal pool" for her to play in at low tide. This kept her strong temptations to go in the ocean down. Joe & I loved having the time just the two of us during naps and after bed time. Joe also loved his new favorite hobby- fishing. (By the way, a big joke now is to ask him if he caught any fish...after hours of fishing all he caught was a human! Seriously...he hooked this 17 year old kid who kept swimming were he was fishing. The kid was fine, just hooked his swim trunks. But its a big joke since two weeks ago Joe was fishing an cought over 40 fish at the same beach!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some beautiful, special pictures there! What a precious family! :)

I miss you!

Meg said...

It looks like so much fun! I love your little house. I am very excited about Will and I taking our first family vacation. I love being a family even if it is only 2 people :-) I'm sure it makes it even better to have 3!

Denise said...

Awww, Jeanie, it looks like a marvelous family trip!!! I am SO happy for you guys to get that special time of fun and relaxation before you two have your week's separation.

I'm glad Alathea loved the beach! 3 weeks ago when we vacationed in Destin,FL w/friends of ours, their 14month old LOVED the waves. When they'd smack her in the face & put salt water in her mouth she'd LAUGH. I love when kids love the beach!

Jonathan LOVES fishing at the beach. I'm sorry Joe only caught a person!!!

Anonymous said...

Joey,

What is that thing under your chin in the first picture? It looks like you have a couple of chins or something. Just an observation.

Love you man.

Nick