Sunday, April 15, 2007

Our trip to MD


Alathea with her Great-Grandpa giving her kisses


Her first Chocolate Bunny in her Easter basket...yummy!


The tree's that were still in bloom were gorgeous (Cherry Blossoms in DC)


Julie & Ellen dancing at the Jefferson Memorial. There was a live band playing music and they couldn't resist :)


Julie, Alathea & I in Washington DC - Alathea's first trip downtown


Our family on Easter Sunday


Alathea on Easter


My cousin Kevin, Julie and my Uncle Miles (yep, MY uncle!)



Joe with his buddy Nick


My Dad with my Grandma..."Great-Grandma Bowers" as she likes to be called


We are home! We had a wonderful time this past week in Maryland with my family, celebrating Easter, visiting friends and attending the Leaders Conference. Easter Sunday we went to Covenant Life and seemed to run in to most of our friends that go there (hard to do with such a huge church and two services). I spent most of the servce in the lobby with Alathea, sitting on the couch with Kristin Seaver (with a sick Sarah Evelyn) and Reba holding Kathryn. It made me excited for them to come home!!

Twenty-some family members and our dear friends, Nick & Reba (and baby Kathryn!), came over for Easter dinner. We all missed Mom. Nothings the same without her. Despite missing her, we still enjoyed our BBQ dinner and fellowshiping together! Having the Swans for another holiday was a treat.

Alathea got her first trip to Washington D.C. this week. Julie, Ellen and I took her to see the Cherry Blossoms. While they were mostly past bloom (as Ellen said when we drove up to about 100 of them, "Where are all the Cherry Blossoms?"), we still walked around the Tidal Basin, and visited the Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial (my personal fav) and the new WW2 Memorial. Alathea enjoyed the ducks in the water ;)

We did fun things as a family...like going to the driving range, the mall and eating out lots of yummy meals. I was so happy to get so much time with my brother, Rocky, who drove about an hour every day after class to come see us.

The Leader's Conference was wonderful as well. RC Sproul spoke two nights on the Holiness of God. I'd highly recommend those messages. Two of my all time-fav's!

After a fun & full week, Joe is speaking in Greensboro yesterday.

We are so excited about being Home together as a family this week. Home sweet home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it me, or do I look like I weigh 300 lbs. in this picture. Thanks Jeanie for serving a piece of humble pie. Those Swiss Rolls, Fudge Rounds, and Oatmeal Cream Pies are catching up with me.

Nick

Jeanie said...

Wow, Nick...you do look sort of round. Sorry- I didn't look that closely at the picture until now :)
But now you can't say I never put you all on the blog...