Sunday, April 15, 2007

Thanks Pop-Pop & Julie






We have to give a HUGE thank you to my Dad, Alathea's Pop-Pop, and my sister, Aunt Julie. They watched Alathea tag-team style from Wednesday-Friday of this week while Joe & I attended the Leaders Conference at CLC. We have left Alathea a number of times before, but only for a few hours. I was kind of nervous at to how she would handle not seeing Joe & I for such an extended peroid of time. Let's just say I was the one who wanted to cry :)...when we would come home, she would give us a quick glance & maybe a smile and go right back to Aunt Julie & Pop-Pop (and Uncle Billy, Great-Grandma, Uncle Rocky and Julie's friends Katie & Ellen...all of whom pretty much live at my Dad's house). She was SOOOO happy! Once I dealt with the selfishness in my heart of wanting Alathea to always need me and miss me, I was thanking God that she was enjoying herself so much. She was getting spoiled with love, fun and food! Thank you Daddy, for taking off a whole week of work to be with us...and to change so many diapers, and thank you, Julie, for giving up your Spring Break to serve us. I love you!! Alathea obviously does too! You are true servants!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love those pictures with Julie! Those are keepers. Looking forward to seeing you next week!
Love,
Reba

Anonymous said...

"Aunt Julie is my favorite in the whole world!"
-Alathea :)