Sunday, March 18, 2007

Daddy Love







Joe is an amazing father! Despite having to not only lead Rekindle, but to preach, counsel, administrate and be sensitive to the Lord's leading, he still made time for his girls. I was really struck by this as I was looking at the pictures from Rekindle. There are so many sweet ones of Alathea & Joe. Being that my Dad & I have an incredibly close and sweet relationship (the ultimate "daddy's girl"), it's so meaningful to me to see how Alathea & Joe are the exact same way. Lately she's been following Joe around the house "copying" everything that he does...from "brushing" her teeth, to dipping her food in hot sauce (I'm serious), to digging in the garden outside and even going "ummmm" when she eats. This girl loves her daddy. And it's no wonder why...her Daddy adores her. Joe was watching her the day of Lizzy & Steve's wedding as I had a lot to do to get ready for it. I came in the house unexpectantly, to find her laughing hysterically as they were dancing together to some Reggea music...those are memorie's I will cherish forever :)

The best thing of all is that I win out more than anyone. I get the pleasure of watching Joe adore our little girl, while still being treated clearly as his "#1 girl". I'm a blessed woman!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Who knew that having little girls would open a whole new door of falling deeper in love with your husband? I'm with you on that one girl!

Topharmers Wife said...

It doesn't get much better than watching our boys with their kids(especially their little princesses!)