Sunday, March 11, 2007

We're Home!






Thanks to all who prayed for our trip...it was certainly blessed! Three people were saved and about 7 people baptized. God is so good! We had a fabulous time...wonderful weather every day. Alathea traveled very well, as always (although 12 hours in a bus is still a very long time). Alathea falls more in love with the beach each time we go. She also ate up all the attention she got from 81 college kids. She was a happy girl. Kerry Malament blessed me so much by coming with us for the week and babysitting Alathea during the meetings each day. That meant I was able to worship undistracted and hear wonderful teaching for the first time in months! That was a highlight of the trip for me.

Other highlights: I LOVE hearing my boy preach. I also LOVE watching my boy lead (he does so well leading the conference...not an easy task, but the Lord always enables him). I loved seeing how much Alathea loves people. I loved watching how much fun Alathea had on the beach. She'd stay out on the beach for sometimes six hours! Alathea & I had many special memories together. Most days we would take a walk on the beach, play in the sand, go in the water, eat breakfast, chat with a few people and then go swimming in the pool all before 9am.

We returned home from Rekindle late Friday night. I then learned I had lost my car keys. I also left a whole drawer full of some of my favorite clothes in our room and my camera battery charger still plugged into the wall (Oh, and my camera broke while I was down there- a major sin revealer for me!!). All this is just a small showing of how tired we all were by the time the week was out :)

Well, I have many more pict's I want to post, but my computer isn't letting me. I'll add them later...

4 comments:

Denise said...

Welcome Home, Jeanie!
I'm delighted to hear how wonderfully the week went. That's so sweet of Kerry to babysit Alathea for you. It definitely must have been a blessing for the undistracted worship/message time!
Alathea is soooo cute at the beach!!! I'm sorry about the lost/left/broken stuff!!! Stuff like that can reveal sin very easily. After our horrendous move & all our broken/stolen stuff, I saw how sinful my heart was over it all.
Anyway, welcome home!!!

Rebecca said...

Can you believe that it's been a year since you guys were there last? I remember seeing a similar picture of Joe and Alathea on the porch from last year. What a full year this has been for you.

I love you, my friend, and I can't wait to be neighbors again very soon!

Unknown said...

Ok, one of you has real knack for taking pictures....those were gorgeous! Glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

Alathea is sooo adorable! I hope my little girl grows up to be as cute as she is. ;D

I'm so sorry about your clothes and camera. :(