Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mom's Journal - Entry #2


Here is the second entry in my Mom's Journal she wrote in May 2004. I miss her so much!

"2. The next thing God taught me is He is good & soverign & worthy of my trust. Philippeans 4:6-7 says to have NO ANXIETY about ANYTHING but through PRAYER to let my requests be made know to God and the Peace of God which surpasses all understanding will keep your hearts & mind on Christ. This verse became real as I got bad news that the cancer had metastisized to my liver. But I learned t pray and give all my requests to God. I asked for faith & He gave it to me. It taught me to ask and pray more and what rich blessings God wants to give us. As I prayed and gave evryting to God and trusted in His Goodness and Soverignty, His Wonderful Peace surrounded me. Oh what a wonderful thing to trust in God and rest in His wonderful peace. I got more bad news about the carcinoid (cancer) spreading to my abdomen and contricting my ureter, BUT I was filled with His peace because I first understood the GOOD NEWS is the GOSPEL- not I'm free of cancer."

By the way, I LOVE this picture of Mom. She loved to dance, which she couldn't do at all the last two years of her life. Praise the Lord, she is dancing now more than ever before!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What an example of contentment in the midst of trials. Your mom honor God all the way to her last breath. I have such admiration for her. Thanks for these posts.

Nick

The Pennells said...

What an example of God's love and faithfulness. I pray that the Lord will help me an example to my children!!