Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mom's Journal - Entry #1


Friends, my Dad stumbled upon this little journal of Mom's sometime last week. None of us knew it existed or that she has written in it. It appears she cracked it open the summer of 2004, following a surgery that brought some dscouraging news. While she went into the surgery with doctors assuming this could be the end of all cancer for her, they ended up sewing her back up removing nothing at all: the cancer had spread all through out her abdomen. Except for a miracle, it was only a matter of time befor the cancer would take her life.

These five little journal entries are Mom's response to some seemingly horrific news. It's incredible. I guess will never know why she wrote this or who she intended to read it. I'm thanking the Soveriegn Lord for providing such rich words from my momma...you can hear her speaking as you read it. This gives you a glimpse of what a godly woman she was. I will post all five entries eventually (they are even more amazing all together), but for now here is the first. I only wish I could post it in her own handwriting. Be encouraged...


"5/29/04...I wanted to share some of the things God has taught me in the past 5 years of having cancer.
1. The most important thing I've learned: Salvation & the gift of spending eternity in Heaven is the most important gift I will ever recieve. When you face death the only important thing is where you will spend eternity. Thank you Lord for dying for me and taking my wrath & punishment on the cross. Therefore, because I have confessed my sins and asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior, forever I can look forward to Heaven. Tis effects my daily life because I want to live my life today and throughout eternity to glorify God. When you focus on the cross the cares of life don't seem so overwhelming. An eternal perspective puts everything in the right perspective. I don't ever want to take my salvation for granted- no matter how great I feel and wonderful all my circumstances are. My salvation is of first and greatest importance."

No comments: