Friday, August 06, 2010

M.I.A.

I've been MIA for the past couple weeks.
Just thought I'd give a little update on our post-move life.
Besides loving these three cutie's, here's what we've been up to these past two weeks...


.We're nicely settled into our rental home.
We got unpacked right away and have loved a big backyard with a play set!
And Joe's loved having a basketball hoop. And I love a pool just up the road.


.Joe & I celebrated 8 sweet years of marriage.
We enjoyed a lovely all day date with Ava in tow.
It included IKEA, BRAVO's and the movie Inception.
I LOVED having a whole day to enjoy my boy.


.Ava started sleeping at night.
(notice I didn't say through the night, just at night :)
This has been HUGE! We're still wondering if she may have mild acid reflux.
Poor girl spits up so much, making it difficult for her to stay asleep more than 20 mins at a time during the day still.



.Joe hurt his right hand pretty bad during a softball game.
He most likely tore some ligaments in his fingers...we're waiting on MRI results to confirm.
Poor guys hand is swollen and its been difficult for him to type or write (pretty essential at his job, especially since he's preaching the next two Sunday's).



.Alathea's been going to a Vacation Bible Camp all week and loving it.
Its at a small Presbyterian church up the road. One of her little buddies didn't want to go without a friend, so Alathea went with her. We're so glad she went. She's loved every minute of it! We'll definitely look for more next year. And Abigail has loved getting lots of alone time with me while Alathea's been gone. Just what Abi needed in this season.


.We're loving our three girls.
One thing for sure is that what little "down time" that once existed is gone. I'm doing really, really good if I can squeeze in lunch and a 20 minute work out video (the big girls do it with me :). Today I showered at 5pm...which I hope counts for tomorrow's shower too :) Although I may not have "me time" (free time) anymore...I am loving days full of my three girls. The past two weeks have been full of...reading stories, swinging on the swing set, running through the sprinkler, going to the pool, playdates, story time at the library, teaching the girls how to do chores and lots and lots of time holding my tiniest baby girl. Our life has simplified...we're not out and about quite as much. Yet we feel quite busy at home at the same time. Never a dull moment around here anymore! These are incredibly busy, yet incredibly sweet days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's survival of the fittest :) Kidding... I know you are thriving. You are a super mom and I am really proud of how Christlike you are ....Kiss them for Aunt Jeanie

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you've done more in 2 weeks than we have! ;)